I found (on Pinterest) when I couldn't sleep last night, a Blog Challenge for May. It suggests 31 different topics for the month. I haven't done one of these before and I have been crazy busy and neglecting my blog of late so I thought this might get me back in the writing habit. So I am jumping in here on day 2 with:
20 Facts About Me
- Mom, Josh and I are 20 years apart. We were born in 1947, 1967 and 1987.
- Mom and I also married 20 years (and 4 days) apart: February 1966 and February 1986.
- Mom and I were both still 18 when we married- do that math!
- I have no idea what my real hair color should be-I have been coloring since I was a young teenager.
- Though I color often, and like to try different things to do with it- I not-so-secretly hate my straight hair.
- As a military brat, I went to 13 different schools from K-graduation.
- Also as a brat (first daughter then wife) I got the opportunity to live in both the Philippines and Turkey as well as half a dozen different states.
- I love, love, love sunny days, be they 60 degrees or (like today) 90 or above.
- I also love the way I look with a tan.
- If money were no object- I would retire tomorrow.
- If money were no object, I would also be significantly more high maintenance.
- I love music. Almost ALL music. Everything from Classical to New Age, Country to Pop, Oldies to Alt Metal, Jazz to Blues.
- I also love musicals- I watch Glee every week, Grease and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers every time they come on (and have seen ALL of the AFI's top 25 )and I loved the Broadway show RENT.
- Courtesy of my husband, I have seen every Elvis movie over a dozen times.
- I give my pups far too many treats.
- I also treat them like they are human kids instead of fur-babies.
- I wrote an e-book in the midst of a year's insomnia and am working on a second.
- I am very fortunate to not only love but genuinely like my husband, my son, my parents and my sisters.
- I love social media and the true friends I have met through message boards, blogs, Facebook, Twitter and more.
- I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
There you have it- 20 facts about me. When I was writing this- some of these just made me smile. Best of all- flaws, quirks and all, I am thankful for each and every one of these facts.
What about you? You don't have to give me 20, but what about 5 facts about you? Care to share?