Monday, August 24, 2009

Sometimes it's the little things that get you down.

Knowing that I have a ridiculously busy week coming up and I won't have any time for myself, I decided last night that I needed to give my nails a little polish before I went to bed. I gathered all of the supplies I needed for a full mani/pedi and got comfy on my bed. I have a wonderful foot/muscle rub lotion (Avon Footworks) so I started with that and all was going swimmingly- until I tried to put the polish on my toes. Everything came to a screeching halt. Not only couldn't I stretch far enough, but my hands were shaking too much from gripping the little brush to neatly polish my toenails. After many contortions and steadying one hand with the other and going through a few extra tissues for clean up- I got the job done but it really bothered me. Such a simple task and made so much more difficult by my two nemesis- RA and Fibro. It rather put a damper on the evening and sent me to bed in a funk. I woke up this morning and I can still see the less than stellar result on the toes but I am not up to taking it all off and starting all over again. I guess I will live with it until my next day off and take that time to come to grips with the fact that I will either have to live with less than perfect results- OR give up doing the little things like this at all.

No comments: