Saturday, August 8, 2009

Forty-two Ways in Forty-two Days- Memories

Memories are funny things. Good or bad, they are always there. When you least expect them they creep up on you and take you back to a time long gone. They play with all of your senses in a very interesting way.

Think back. When you were a child,what smells were most common in the kitchen of your childhood? Now think about it and close your eyes. Take a deep breath. Can you smell it? I can and it just makes me smile. Think about your favorite blanket. The weight, the texture. I bet if you close your eyes right now you can feel that blanket can't you?

One thing that I have learned is that in our limited amount of time on earth we have to make as many memories as we can. We need to cherish them and share them with the ones we love.

I have many good memories that I have made in my years. I also,thankfully, have plenty of years to make a good many more. I look forward to looking back on them in my advanced age. More-I hope that years from now, as others are looking back, they remember me fondly in their own memories.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Memories are wonderful. A friend from elementary school just contacted me through Facebook. I was amazed at how many memories came flooding back to me. I am glad she found the memories of me to be as good as I remember them to be with her. Memories are definitely something to be grateful for.