Thursday, May 31, 2012

Why do I blog?

Well, here's the wrap-up to our May Blog Challenge and the question posed is why we do this?  I started thinking about this...oh about a week ago and I keep changing my answer.  That tells me that they are all right.

I started this blog to share my journey with others who are also trying to find their way to a place of positivity and gratitude.  I continue because:

I love to write, always have, and this is a great medium.

It helps me make sense of where my head is.  It's cathartic to put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) and write out whatever is going through my mind.  The editing process may be long at times, but it truly helps me to stop the swirling mass that goes on in there and get my thoughts straight.

It keeps me on task.  When I open my browser in the morning and I see the Dashboard sitting there on my toolbar it's a reminder to start my day in the right place whether I am there or not.  It's a mood changer.

 Most importantly, I have met terrific people through my readers who comment.  Your feedback is so important to me.  It helps me see things in different ways.  I want to give a special shout out to Deb of ABC's of RA She comments often and I look forward to her take on any subject that I post.  If you have (or know someone who has) RA, check out her blog.  Another shout out to Wren.  Her Rheumablog helps keep me SANE!  With or without RA- Wren's descriptive writing style of her journey (both good and bad sides) make you feel like you are sitting there with her having a conversation with a friend.  Thank you ladies!

Thank you all, whether you comment or not, for going on this ride with me.  If you would prefer not to comment publicly (anonymous comments go directly to spam) but there is something you would like to see here, you can contact me directly at ChronicallyPositive@gmail.com

Next month the plan is to re-focus on positivity and gratitude starting with some of my favorite quotes.  See you then!  

No comments: