Saturday, May 26, 2012

An Old Picture

Today's Challenge was to post an old picture of myself.  As this is my fourth or so PC- most of them are on the old ones.  This pic however, a friend that I have reconnected with from high school posted on Facebook.  I look at this picture and it makes me sad.  Sad because this was taken around 1983-1984 when I was a Sophomore or Junior in high school and back then I was SO self conscious because I thought I was just plain fat and much less attractive than my friends.  Not a good thing in high school when image was "everything".  I had serious body image issue then- which have carried over now some 28 years.    I look at this photo and think "Who IS that little girl?"  It's the whole "hindsight is 20/20" thing but I only wish I looked like that now.  If only I had known then...




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish I was as skinny as I was when I thought I was fat.