Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 10- an email

I had today off.  I was so ready for this that I stayed up a little late last night and slept in this morning.  I then proceeded to do not much of anything important all day- and best of all- I didn't even change out of my pajamas.  It was a great day overall.  BUT- not getting out of the house presented a small challenge- what could I give today? 

I thought it over long and hard and what I did was send an email to my father-in-law.  Though I love him we don't talk very often. He is not super communicative.  My husband calls him occasionally but my father in law doesn't call or email on his own.  After my mother-in-law passed away last year, I made a real effort to either send him a letter or email every single week.  After months of no response- I gave up.  Well, today I decided that my gift was to give it a shot again.  He may not respond- but that doesn't mean that I can't make the effort.  So I sent him an email just to let him know I was thinking about him.  It almost feels....less hurtful I guess to send the email fully aware that there is a very slim chance that he will reply.  Kinda like anticipating putting peroxide on a wound-lol. 

Tomorrow is another day!  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

No comments: