Monday, July 13, 2009

Forty-two Ways in Forty Two Days- Friends.



I can't watch this video without tears. I don't know why- but it always just gets me and makes my heart swell. Perhaps because I have been blessed with some of the most wonderful friends in the world.

I have all different kinds of friends. I have friends that I met in high school and recently reconnected with, some that have been in my life all of those years and friends that I made as an adult. I have friends that I "met" in online (thank you msn) groups, and friends that I met through my RA boards. I have very dear friends that I may not speak to more than three times a year- but when we get together it is as if we were together just yesterday, friends that I speak to almost daily in some way or another and friends that I don't get to speak to often enough. My friends have been with me through thick and thin, good and bad. I have friends that I have never seen in person that know more about me than people I see every day.

The ironic thing is, though I am fairly outgoing, I don't make true friends easily. I place a lot of stock in honesty, loyalty and respect and for me to give those things, it takes a large amount of trust on my part. As a military brat, I grew up knowing that people can come and go in your life at any time. Because of that- it takes a lot for me to let down my guard enough to really invest myself and call someone a friend. Knowing this- I had always considered that I have a lot of acquaintences and a few real friends. When I was preparing this blog- I started counting and was surprised at the number of people that I do consider friends. If I was feeling blessed before- I am feeling abundantly blessed now!

I love my friends like a surrogate family. They touch my life in a million different ways. They mean the world to me and I try to make them aware of it as often as I can without being too mushy. I really feel that this song sums up exactly how I feel about my friends- new and old. If you are my friend- thank you for being my friend and this is for you!

Sometimes in our lives, we all have pain, we all have sorrow.
But if we are wise, we know that there's always tomorrow.
Lean on me, when you're not strong and I'll be your friend.
I'll help you carry on, for it won't be long 'til I'm gonna need somebody
to lean on.
Please swallow your pride, if have things you need to borrow.
For no one can fill those needs that you won't let show.
You just call on me brother when you need a hand.
We all need somebody to lean on.
I just might have a problem that you'll understand.
We all need somebody to lean on.
Lean on me when you't not strong, and I'll be your friend.
I'll help you carry on, for it won't be long 'til I'm gonna' need
somebody to lean on.
You just call on me brother if you need a friend.
We all need somebody to lean on.
I just might have a problem that you'll understand.
We all need somebody to lean on.
If there is a load you have to bear that you can't carry.
I'm right up the road, I'll share your load if you just call me.
Call me ( if you need a friend)
Call me


No comments: