Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Forty-two Ways in Forty Two Days- A New Day

Yesterday was a rough day. I have been having a tough time at work and have been holding it inside and yesterday I finally released my frustrations. Afterwards- I felt a little silly but much better for having said my say.

Today is a new day. What I realized this morning while Harley and I were out walking in the dark is that each and every day that we wake up-it's like our own personal mulligan. We get a do-over. If yesterday was a crappy day- today we get to start over and make it a good day. All we have to do is let it go and start from a positive place. We may not be able to do anything about the pain, we may not be able to do anything about other people, but we can do something about our own outlook and attitude.

What a gift we are given each day! We have the opportunity to put the past where it belongs on the shelf where all of our lessons live and to move forward. We can take them down and dust them off when we need to reflect on what we have learned and then put them back in storage till we need them again. We are given the opportunity to start our day from a positive place and keep it going for the next day and the next.
We can decide that today will be a good day- no matter what the day brings. We can take our setbacks, our disappointments and our problems and face them head on as challenges to be overcome rather than letting those challenges take over our lives and make us miserable.

I am so thankful for my new day. I am grateful for the opportunity to take my mulligan and start the day with a smile. It's such a better place to begin.

2 comments:

RA Guy said...

What a positive attitude, this thought of each new day has helped me tremendously when I am going through a rough patch. Sometimes tomorrow might be worse, sometimes it might be better, but as long as I continue to remind myself that tomorrow is indeed a new day, it helps me get through things.

Unknown said...

I LOVE that each day is new and we have the potential to start fresh. Great blog!