Thursday, April 15, 2010

Excitement and Nerves all at once.

This morning I am headed out to the Paul Mitchell School do fulfill my committment to myself to do something nice for me.  I am very much looking forward to it.  I am not looking forward to tomorrow.  In fact- when I think about it, I get that stomach clutch going.  I know it will be fine- I know that I will get through it with little to no problems but sometimes a little information can be bad and I have read about the biopsy and the thought of a "needle the size of an ink pen refill" going in my gut- just not cool.  I think I would be better off having gone in blind-lol. 

I am just grateful that I can schedule today off.  Today is the first anniversary of my MIL's passing.  I knew hubby would be not in a work frame of mind today and I was right.  He took today off and is going to go golfing.  He wants to have no demands and no one bugging him.  He wants to be alone in his head- but he also was happy to have me there with him this morning.  Since we can't go to the cemetary (it's on Cape Cod) we sent flowers and his youngest sister will deliver them.  It was the first thing he asked me about this morning so I knew it was weighing heavily on him.  We will be going our seperate ways this morning but will come together this afternoon and spend it together.  It is bittersweet that we have to have a reason like this to get a day off together.  We have to have an early dinner because I have to fast for 12 hours but perhaps we will go out and enjoy a meal and then come home and snuggle in with the dogs.  I think a quiet evening at home is in order. 

According to the sites I will be on bedrest for at least 24 hours so I am not planning on writing this weekend.  I am going to hunker down with some good books (I bought three new Chicken Soup books) and magazines (I have three months of "O" and a couple of Real Simple) and stay in my bed until Saturday.  Then I have a whole season of The Forgotten (I can't believe they cancelled it!) and Leverage to work my way through. No stress, total relaxation. 

I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend! 

1 comment:

MissDazey said...

Hug your hubby for me. This is a day of memories, both happy and sad.

Well, my dear..how beautiful are you after your Paul Mitchell day? (I know you are always beautiful inside) All of us need "girlie days" ever so often.

Will you have a local tomorrow for the needle stick? Keep us posted.