Monday, April 12, 2010

What a weekend

Well- it was a really, really busy weekend.  Inventory is complete except for the paperwork follow up, we tore down the fixtures and reset the store.  I am paying for it physically but inside- the satisfaction makes it worth it.  I think that is the quandry for me.  The reason I continue to push myself beyond where I should- because at the end of the day- the pain and the exhaustion are less important than the accomplishment. 

I don't know where I will draw the line or when but I think, knowing that I am a bit of a workaholic it may be quite some time as long as my body cooperates.  One positive change that I have made is finding BALANCE.  I don't pull weekends like this past one without knowing that I have down time in my very near future.  After getting home last night I rested- not napped- but rested and then later we took the dogs down to the river for their evening walk.  That served to bring me down from my work, work, work mode and to make me able to shut my mind down so I could go to sleep. 

This week is a "big" week- I am only working today, tomorrow and Wednesday.  Thursday I am having a "me" day.  Hair, nails, wax- everything I have neglected.  That will put me in the frame of mind I need for the biopsy on Friday morning.  After the biopsy- from what I have read- it is bed rest for 24 hours.  That takes me into Saturday afternoon and I have no intention of doing anything for the rest of the weekend more strenuous than taking Harley and Auggie for their walks.  Just the opposite of this past weekend.  Balance. 

We shall see how that works out.  :-) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you enjoy your work, it does make it worthwhile to put your all into it, even when you know you'll pay the price later. I completely understand how good it made you feel to get all that done over the weekend, especially now that you've been promoted. Attagrrrrl!

Also glad, though, that you have some rest-days coming up soon. I hope you'll be able to get lots of sleep, and I'll be thinking of you on Friday as you have that biopsy done. Take care and be gentle with yourself, okay?
-Wren

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time, Polly. The photo you posted of the gardens is just gorgeous -- so is the peacock shot and I loved the shot of your hubby and that pretty cat.

Hope the rest of the week stays bright and sunny, and that you'll feel well all the way through it.
-Wren