Monday, May 3, 2010

Paying it forward

Indiana's Governor, Mitch Daniels has declared this week Pay it Forward Week.  I am excited about this because I thought I had "missed" PIF day last Thursday.  Though I do agree that we should practice random acts of kindness every day- it's nice to spotlight it. 

For today- my three pay it forwards are:

I am sending a card to my former boss to thank him for taking a chance on me 7 years ago.  He taught me so much and believed in me- even when I didn't. 

I am stopping at the grocery on my way to work so while I am there I will stop at Starbucks and leave an extra $5.00 to pay for the next person's coffee along with a pay it forward card so they can pass it along.

I have created a sign to post in our breakroom to remind my colleagues that this weekend the letter carriers will be collecting food for a canned goods drive.  On my sign- I am offering to collect them for anyone who either can't or doesn't feel comfortable leaving them on their doorstep. 

I have so much to be grateful for in my life and I want to make someone else as happy as I feel if even for a moment.  My next challenge will be to think of more things to do over the week.  My goal- three things a day times three days.  One down- Two to go! 

No comments: