- This is a nagging pain, not a sharp pain. Given the option- I will go with nagging
- Even though I have pain- I still have movement and use of these joints and muscles and the pain will serve as a reminder not to overdo.
- Though it came on suddenly- I have not changed my habit so I have several hours in which to medicate and care for myself before I go to work. By 8am it will be manageable.
- I had two almost completely pain free days prior to this- and they were on a weekend. That means that I didn't spend my two days off dealing with the pain and was able to enjoy them.
- It is a reminder that not matter what I do or don't do (I did a whole lot of nothing yesterday) it can sneak up on me any time so I can't become complacent in taking care of myself.
There we go- that gives me five simple reasons to start my day in a grateful mindset. That is much better than railing against my illnesses and allowing this to start my week in a funk. It ties back to celebrating the small things from yesterday. These are all small things-and though I am not celebrating the pain by any stretch of the imagination- they have made a big difference in my mood this morning.