Sunday, March 29, 2009

26 years and counting

In May of 1983 (it was either the 30th or 31st since it was vs the Chicago White Sox) Jim and I went on our first "date". We went to a Red Sox game with a youth center group. Though we were off and on as often as a light switch for another year, we have been pretty much inseperable since then.

This weekend, I had to send Jim home to essentially say goodbye to his mom. Given a choice it is not the journey I would have had him make alone. I would much rather have been there by his side.

One good thing that came out of this weekend is that I was reminded in a thousand little ways that after those (almost) 26 years- I still miss him so much when he is gone. Though that made it a tough weekend- I realized how fortunate that I am to still love him that much.

I am also very fortunate that I have little Miss Harley to keep me company while he was gone- or I would have spent the weekend talking to myself!

No comments: