Monday, September 29, 2008

Music

Today I am grateful for music. I was lucky enough to grow up with a lot of music in my life. My father and son are both very talented musicians. I guess it skips a generation.

I was walking Miss Harley this morning and I realized that every morning I start the morning singing to her. Though it is a good thing she can't tell me how awful I sound she doesn't seem to mind and it gets my morning off to a good start.

Music is life. From BB King to Metallica to Rascal Flatts. From the Marsallaes to Harry Connick Jr to Enya. There is a peice of music for every feeling, for every moment in life. My Ipod currently has about 500 peices of music and before the crash, my computer had an additional 2000. There is something for every memory for every emotion.

I am grateful that I had the widely varied exposure to musical stylings that I have had and that we have artists willing to pour their blood, sweat and tears into making it for us.

No comments: