Friday, May 20, 2011

Thank Goodness it's Friday

Cause I have a million things to do.  My dearest friend just booked her tickets to come visit again this summer and I am super excited.  BUT- considering that my housekeeping skills were never that great before my RA/Fibro - that means that I have a LOT of work to do to make sure the house looks good before she gets here in...22 days.  I am not even going to enumerate all the things I want to get done- because it would make me tired just making and looking at a giant list.  Plus- if I have a lot of things on my list- I tend to start one thing, get distracted by the next and the next and then not finish anything. 

So the plan is a small list at a time.    Today is all about laundry.  First I am going through my closet and going to ruthlessly get rid of clothes I cannot wear.  I figure that when I DO lose the weight- I will deserve new clothes anyway.  So- out with them.  I am keeping one or two of my favorite pieces- items that I cannot find anymore- and the rest will be gone.  THEN- it's time to fold the clean laundry.  Since I will actually have closet and drawer space again- there will be plenty of room to put them away.  IF I get that done before time for dinner, I will move on to straightening the bookcases in the guest room.  That's a low priority thing but will need to be done eventually. 

Tonight, before I go to bed, I will make a list for tomorrow, then tomorrow for the next day and so on.  That's why I am grateful for Friday- I can get a jumpstart on this and get ready for vacation. 

Have a wonderful, wonderful weekend. 

No comments: