Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Humpty Dumpty Sat On a Wall

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall....   Yep- I took a tumble this morning.  Our bedroom is on the second floor and it's hella difficult to cool.  The other half likes to put on 3 different fans and then cover up with 2 blankets (considering that I run a chronic low-grade fever- that's a bone of contention- but I digress) and then during the night we usually kick one off.

 About 3:15 this morning, I got up out of bed and got tangled in the blanket that was kicked to the floor.  You know how you see on television someone falling and it goes into slow motion?  Yeah- it was like that.  It felt like it took forever as I fell back, back, back. One minute I am making my way out of the room and trying to not step on my shadow of a dog, the next I am laying there, in the dark, on the floor, staring up at the ceiling with said dog across my neck licking my face like a treat. 

I am not badly injured.  Probably bruised my rear end but thankfully there is enough padding that it's not too bad.  What's interesting is that even though I was very aware that I was falling- I didn't use my hands to break it.  Not when I landed on my butt, not when my back hit, not when I knocked my noggin.  I think that's the first time I have realized how little I have come to rely on my hands first thing in the morning.  I have never thought about it.  I have just adapted over time without making a conscious effort.  So- I guess by falling this morning, I learned something about myself.  That's always a good thing. 

No comments: