Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 9- Donation for the Cure

 My middle sister is walking the Susan Koman Walk for the Cure. next month with the folks from her workplace.  I am very proud of her for walking this event for the second year in a row.  I am grateful that she has taken up this cause because for four years I walked for breast cancer and I have turned my attention to the Arthritis Walks (Louisville is a week from Saturday!)since I have moved to an area that does not have an Avon Walk. 

I do not- by any stretch of the imagination- think one is more important than the other.  I wish we did have Avon Walks out here because I think they are so very well run and I like what the foundation does overall so I would most assuredly still be walking for them if they were local.  We lost my beloved Granny to complications stemming from breast cancer less than 10 years ago so the cause is near and dear to my heart.  The Arthritis Walk, on the other hand, is very personal since I am living with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia. 

My gift this morning is a donation to my sister's walk and the publishing the link to her walk right along side mine in hopes that folks are interested enough to donate to one or both.  Though we live so very far apart- I will be with her in spirit next month as she gets out there and pounds the pavement.  Between our two causes it is my hope that a cure will be found in my lifetime. 

No comments: