Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 12- Keeping the Peace

Today was a very cranky day.  I don't know what was up with me beside the fact that I was dealing with extra pain today but it started out bad and could have gone very far downhill from there.  Just before noon, after I got back from taking my dogs for their training walk,  I got into another sniping match with my long suffering, often annoying, other half.  This was the third or fourth today.  Instead of escalating it- I walked away. 

When I walked away I started thinking about this challenge and I knew that I was not in a giving frame of mind.  The more I thought about it, the more my brain started racing and the worse it got.  I took a few medatative breaths and decided that the only way that I would find peace and get into the right mindset was to give my husband just that- peace. 

For the rest of the day I remained outwardly (even when my brain was firing off all sorts of bitchy remarks in my head) calm, I didn't allow him to irritate me (even when he was trying), I played took him (played designated driver) to get a pizza that I was not going to eat from a place that I don't even like, I left him to watch his stuff on the big TV till it was time to take the dogs out and then when we got home I loaded the dishes and let him hop in the shower first.  Now he is in bed, I am finishing this up then it will be my turn to shower and head to bed.  I am glad I made this choice today.  I know that I benefitted from it, he benefitted from it and even the dogs benefitted from it.  I think we will all rest easy tonight. 

Sweet dreams my friends.

No comments: