Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 14- Reaching out

Today's gift-  I sent another simple email but this one was one just reaching out to an old friend.  It shouldn't have been hard but I didn't quite know what to say.  We didn't part on bad terms or anything but it's been so long and I feel guilty for not doing my part in having kept in contact.  I sat with my fingers on the keys and didn't quite know how to start. I contemplated a million things to say and and a million ways to say it.  In the end I just let her know that I was thinking of her and I missed her.  In writing it out, I felt that missing just a little bit more and at the same time, in letting her know I felt a little better about it.  She may not get back to me and that is okay- as long as she knows that I was thinking of her today.  I don't know about anyone else- but knowing that someone is thinking of me fondly can make a big difference in my day. 

No comments: