Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Getting to Gratitude -Sometimes Life just Works Out

Sometimes Life Just Works Out


During all of this going on in my life- there were other things going on that were out of my control and very stressful. The owners at my second job (and hubby's job) started looking for a buyer for their business. One of my beloved uncles was diagnosed with lung cancer and we lost him very, very quickly. My darling – and young- mother had a stroke and scared the daylights out of all of us.

My husband and I sat down and talked about our possibilities. Because I had a “child” who was actually an adult and my sisters have smaller children, we thought it might be best for us to consider moving closer to my parents. Even his parents were very supportive of us making this change in our lives.

I had already begun practicing a positive attitude and looking at the good things in my life and again fortune smiled on us. My main job is with a national company who believes in moving their people up and around. I put my resume out there and let my regional manager know what area I was looking for. Within a few months- I was offered a job that was only two and a half hours from Mom and Dad's house.

It was as if it were meant to be. The company paid for the move, I was able to schedule it for after my finals and we had enough time to really put things in order in our “old” life and prepare for our new. It was as if a weight had been lifted from our shoulders. We had no fear, we had only high hopes. Our only regret was that our son decided not to join us on this journey, but it is for the best for him because he is learning a lot of life lessons that he may not have had he come with us.

No comments: