Monday, December 28, 2009

Back to work today and a way to say thanks!

It's a short week though though we messed up and because of a lack of communication- we are in for some long days.  We didn't realize that most of the school is only open from 10-2 this week- so we didn't change our hours and I think it will be too late now.  Oh well- I guess we will see how it goes and hopefully get a lot of work done.  I may be able to change the hours for Wednesday- which would be helpful since I have to run the end of month anyway.  If not- that's fine because I had planned on being there anyway. 

Xerox is doing something pretty neat to say THANK YOU to our troops.  If you go to this site, choose one of 80 cards drawn by children around the country, enter your name and home city/state and choose one of 10 messages and submit.  Your card will be printed and sent to a soldier serving in Iraq or Afghanistan and other hot spots around the globe.  It literally takes as long as it takes you to choose your picture and your message.  Good Job Xerox!  I have tried to send a card each day since I have found this site.  If you are on facebook and would like a little reminder (in the form of an "event" above your birthday reminders) message me on facebook and I will "invite" you!  It's a great way to have that reminder every day. 

I have been thinking about New Year's resolutions a lot.  I always make the standard ones (quit smoking, lose weight, blah, blah, blah) and fail them in short order.  Last year was my "best" year because I resolved to give thanks for the blessings in my life- and we have over 140 examples of that here so I did well enough that I can check that off as a win.  I have been thinking and thinking about what I want to work on in 2010 and hope that by Thursday's blog I will have a solid list.  In the mean time- I will be thankful that I was able to spend this year realizing how truely blessed I am. 

No comments: