Monday, March 18, 2019

Quick UPDATE on my craziness.

I want to thank all of you who have been sending thoughts and prayers for my family.  I just wanted to update you on how Dad is doing. 

After a long hospital stay, he was released- but - he was not able to go home because though there are only 3 steps at each entrance- he was still wheelchair-bound and even with his walker or scooter couldn't get up them because they are steep.  So he and my mom have been camped out at our Aunt Karen's  (mom's sister) house for almost 2 weeks.  We all appreciate her letting them stay with her and Dad's enjoying the gorgeous view of the Ohio River and watching the barges go up and down all day. 

On Friday Dad went in to have the Achilles surgery and will be in a splint until the stitches come out and then a cast for 6-8 weeks.  That part of him is on the road to recovery and for that, we are so grateful. 

He's also gone back to the neuro-that news wasn't as good.  It seems the vertebrae is fractured worse than originally thought even with the brace.  When he goes back they will decide if they will do Vertebroplasty (injection of bone cement into the vertebrae without fusion) which would bring almost immediate relief or if they want to keep him in the brace for the duration.  I am 100% sure he is voting for the cement.  I just want him to have whatever will not cause more problems down the road. 

As for my sleep- Jim has put it best- he says that I no longer sleep, I just take multiple naps.  He's right, the question is how to fix it.  It started when I was having such severe acid reflux at night and now it's taken hold.  Now that the ulcer is subsiding and I am having significantly less acid reflux I guess I need to re-teach myself to sleep a full night.  It won't be easy but I am taking Spring Break off so it will be a good time to do it.  I am sure the flares are linked so it's a task that must be done. 

Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers.  They are helping keep our spirits up! 


Rick Phillips said...

I am glad to hear your father is on the mend and sad he is not on the mend. I take a series of naps as well. I will call when I am up so we cna keep each other miserable. Talk around 3:30 AM.

PS: Tell you husband I am teasing, I dont even know your number, or according to my wife, how to tell time.


Jules0705 said...

LOL- I find that I am moderately productive in the middle of the night. Some of my best homework is done at 3:30am. Of course, the clicking of my acrylics on the keyboard usually brings the dogs in to see what's up so I have company.

I am trying a product that seems to be helping. It's called "Instasleep". I am not a paid endorser but I like it. Here's the website to check it out. I get it on Amazon when I can't find it at CVS or Target:

ultracarepro said...

LOL- well message provide