Saturday, February 26, 2011

Aaaaaannnnnddddd I am back

I have decided that I am allergic to snow.  Note that I have decided that- it's nothing truly medical but just something that I am fairly convinced of.  We drove back to New England which has been so hard hit this year with snow that I took photos parking lots where the snow had been piled so high that that the cars looked tiny next to them.  I took a photo of my husband at his brother's house next to the piled snow and it came almost to hubby's mid chest- and he's 6'4". I saw where my niece had been using the driveway as a sledding hill ending up on top of my mother-in-law's completely snow covered car.   I cannot imagine how we lived in that environment for so very many years.

We had a lovely visit.  The wedding was beautiful, it was unique and very much like our couple.  We got to see several of our friends (other than the wedding attendants) and all of our family.

When it was time to go back home, we looked at the different routes and we also looked at the weather.  It was supposed to snow heavily on the NY Thru-way and south of there, through both of the Pennsylvania routes, rain, rain and more rain.  We chose to go through PA and then- Mother Nature bit us in the butt.  We were near Altoona, PA when the snow began.  Evidently, while we were driving the temperature dropped 20 degrees and we were driving into a bear of a storm.  We saw several really bad accidents as we inched along and finally found a Comfort Inn to stop for the night.  All told- after walking to get "dinner" at Wendy's and settling in for the night, we woke up to a foot of snow.

By the time we got home on the 22nd (our 25th Wedding Anniversary!) I was starting to come down with a miserable cold and very, very sore from the car ride.  I relaxed all day Wednesday, tried to go back to work on Thursday and ended up back in bed on Friday.  A bunch of children's (yes- grown up antihistimines are the devil for me) Mucinex and I am starting to rebound.  Next time I decide to take a vacation to a snowy area during winter- someone kick me.

Today, I have a few errands to run but more, I have to call my folks and wish them a very, very happy 45th Wedding Anniversary!  When I think about our 25th it seems like a blink in time next to their 45th. They are even more in love than they were all those years ago and they are truly inspiring to us.  I can only hope that 20 years from now we will be that happy.

Today- 

No comments: