Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Giving Thanks for the Music

Let there be peace on earth
And let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on earth
The peace that was meant to be.

With God as our father
Brothers all are we.
Let me walk with my brother
In perfect harmony.

Let peace begin with me
Let this be the moment now.
With every step I take
Let this be my solemn vow.

To take each moment
And live each moment
With peace eternally.
Let there be peace on earth,
And let it begin with me.


At one of my Dad's churches (he is the pastor at two) each service ends with this song.  For some reason, every time we sing it, I get choked up.  I don't know why, but I do and it is my favorite part of the service. 

It's funny how music can affect us.  There are other songs that just hit my heart with an arrow and I know why they get to me.  Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA" (seen below) has brought tears to my eyes and down my face for over 25 years.  That is because I am a proud daughter (and then for a short time -wife) of a member of our military. 






Even something as main stream as Aerosmith's "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" makes my heart swell.



As does Craig Morgan's "Thats What I Love About Sunday"



These songs are all very different but each of them touches me in a different way. I am so thankful for the music in my life and that I am open to the message. For that reason I wanted to share these with you this morning.

No comments: