Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Another New Year

The beginning of the year is super busy for me.  When I officially went back to work from the holiday (I was there over the weekend) we were 1 week from the beginning of school.  We walked in to find over 100 web orders (YAY!) to be fulfilled and they kept coming in all day keeping our new fulfillment area hopping.  We received a ton of shipments as well which keeps our back room busy. We also had a large number of customers- keeping our floor help jumping as well.  We started our extended hours, which means longer days for me.  This will be our way of life for the next few weeks.

In the midst of craziness in store, I have two appointments at my Rheumatology office.  The second will depend on the first.  The first is my regular appointment with my rheumy where we will discuss new treatment options.  My Orencia is "fine".  It's not as good as the MTX was and I am afraid I won't find anything that worked that well.  The problem lies in that we have proof that without the prednisone I wouldn't be at the level that I am.  My concern is that my insurance company is moving to a specialized pharmacy to manage their chronic care patients and I have a feeling that the coverage for the "high end" drugs will be changing and not for the better.  As it stands- the co-pay on Orencia infusions is over $300 a month, I don't know that I will be able to continue on with that, both financially and knowing that the Orencia is not working alone.  So, it's time to talk new options. We have already been through the majority of the DMARDS so I just don't know where we will go next.   Needless to say- that adds another layer of stress.  If we decide to continue with the infusions, the following week I have another of those scheduled.  I have fairly difficult veins which usually means at least two sticks and month-long bruising.  I don't complain when I am at the office because they really are very sweet and it's not their fault that my veins suck- I just gripe when I get home- a lot.

Needless to say, it has been even more important than usual that I focus on the positive if I am going to manage my stress.  I have two great quotes to start the year-both from the Thinkexist website.  The first is to help me focus:


“Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage, and confidence.”


I hope that this next year is the most wonderful of our lives.  Rather than enumerate all of the ways in which we could make it so, I come to my second quote which is an Irish blessing that I give to you:  


     I Like this quote I dislike this quote

“May you always have work for your hands to do. 

May your pockets hold always a coin or two.
May the sun shine bright on your windowpane.
May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you.
And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.”






Here's to a healthy and happy 2011!

No comments: