Sunday, December 27, 2009

It's a BOY!

Boy puppy that is.  If you are on my facebook- then a photo of him is already posted.  It is amusing.  My darling husband and I have been thinking about adding another pup to our family for a while now.  Before Thanksgiving we went to the Animal Care Society in Louisville where we had gotten our little love Harley 20 months prior and we met "Augie" a little Pekenese mix.  He was a little sweetie, had been brought in with his "wife" (a rat terrier) and 5 puppies.  Jim fell in love instantly and would have brought him home immediately but cooler heads (mine) prevailed when I reminded him that we were traveling to NC in just a few days and that there wouldn't be any time for him and Harley to bond prior to that- and that we were going to my sister's home where there was a sweet dog and two somewhat anti-social cats.  Needless to say- we did not bring him home. 

During my recent vacation, I had a very vivid MTX induced dream and the little guy was in it.  When I woke up I looked at the website and lo and behold- he was still there.  We went back to see him yesterday and today took Harley to meet him and that was it.  At the moment, he is sitting on the couch, she is on my hassock and they are both just as cute as can be.  They have passed two "tests" so far- they have shared and tugged over toys (each has their own and they have three new toys to share) and they just ate dinner side by side.  So far so good and the big test comes tomorrow when he is crated tomorrow while we go to work.  We know he is crate trained- we just don't know how she will react to him being crated while she gets to run free. 

It's funny how things work out.  I guess it was just meant to be.  So now I have another new four-legged love to be thankful for every day of my life.