Saturday, October 24, 2009

Finding Zen: Slowing down and enjoying life more.

I have a seperate file on my email for the different things in my life. RA related emails, Family, Zen Lifestyle and Diet and Exercise etc. I save different emails so that I can go back and read them when the time is right. This morning I found the perfect email for today and I wanted to share it with everyone:

The 10 Essential Rules for Slowing Down and Enjoying Life More

Slow down and enjoy life.
Post written by Leo Babauta. Follow me on Twitter.
It’s an irony of our modern lives that while technology is continually invented that saves us time, we use that time to do more and more things, and so our lives are more fast-paced and hectic than ever.

Life moves at such a fast pace that it seems to pass us by before we can really enjoy it.

However, it doesn’t have to be this way. Let’s rebel against a hectic lifestyle and slow down to enjoy life.

A slower-paced life means making time to enjoy your mornings, instead of rushing off to work in a frenzy. It means taking time to enjoy whatever you’re doing, to appreciate the outdoors, to actually focus on whoever you’re talking to or spending time with — instead of always being connected to a Blackberry or iPhone or laptop, instead of always thinking about work tasks and emails. It means single-tasking rather than switching between a multitude of tasks and focusing on none of them.

Slowing down is a conscious choice, and not always an easy one, but it leads to a greater appreciation for life and a greater level of happiness.

Here’s how to do it.


Yes, it's a bit of a tease- but I don't own the copyright so I am sending you to one of my favorite blogs Zen Habits to find out these 10 essential rules. I hope you enjoy the blog as much as I do. Personally, I can spend hours on the different articles and am very thankful that it is online so I don't have to take notes rather I can read it over and over.

No comments: