Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Welcome Spring-in July?

No, I am not crazy. I do know that Summer officially started 10 days ago. Our spring so far has been hot, hot, hot and muggy, muggy, muggy. We have averaged in the nineties with a ton of rain. This morning- the first day of July- I woke up to take my little princess out for her walk at 4:30 am and it was a gorgeous 62 degrees out. What a beautiful surprise! Harley and I walked and walked and I stretched my muscles as much as I could while we were out there.

I came back home and made my honey a sandwich to take his medrol with (poor guy has severe hives)while I waited for my coffee to brew. I flipped on the news and my weather person informed me that it will only reach the high seventies the next two days. This weather is perfect for me. My only regret is that I am not able to stay home for the next 48 hours to throw open all of my windows and enjoy this.

I start my Humira today and I am a *wee bit* anxious about it. When I talked to the nurse I told her the reaction that I have to the Enbrel (4+ hours feeling like I am on speed- then a severe crash) she was blown away. She had never heard of such a thing. She said I could have the same reaction with the Humira- or it could be doubled since it is only a bi-weekly dosage rather than weekly. Wouldn't that be fun? I just hope that indeed the Enbrel was the reason for the muscular pain and that we are not looking at Fibro too. I just don't want to have to add another med to my regimine. So- we give this a shot- no pun intended. LOL

SO- I am thankful that we have two beautiful days before we start to climb back into summer.

I am thankful that Jim has the medrol pack to start making him feel better and am hopeful that we have found the cause (we think it is the store brand tylenol he bought last week) so we can avoid this happening again.

I am so thankful that tomorrow night we get to head to see Mom and Dad and I get a nice long weekend to relax.

Lastly I am eternally grateful that we still have options to treat my RA and let me live a full and happy life.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day and that your weather is as temperate as mine.

No comments: