Sunday, July 19, 2009

Forty-two Ways in Forty Two Days- Home

As I mentioned, I was gone to Mom and Dad's all weekend and I will go again on Wednesday. Right now, I am sitting in my "office" section of my dining room area in my own house. Fortunately- when I go to my parent's house, I am as comfortable as I am right now. I don't feel like I am visiting. I feel just like I am at home. I know that by having two places that I can call home- I am doubly fortunate. I cannot imagine what it must be like not to have that. Above and beyond the shelter, there is the safety and security of a place of your own. A place where you can kick up your feet and really relax. A place where you can take off your makeup and toss on your pajamas (everyone who knows me knows how much stock I put in Jammie-time) and just be yourself. Most importantly- my homes are a place where no matter how rotten I am feeling, how hard my flare is hurting me, no matter how tired I am due to meds or to the CFS- there is enough love and understanding in my homes to make it all bareable.

This quote embodies what home means for me- and how I try to live my life:

" No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.

GEORGE CHAKIRIS


And that is something I will always be grateful for.

No comments: