Friday, January 18, 2013

It's a Gratitude Friday!

I captured a meme last night that was the swift kick in the butt that I needed.  I was feeling very whiny because my back was (and is still) hurting and I could feel myself withdrawing and starting to be a major B-word because I know that I am to conduct a meeting this morning and then drive to my folks.  That means packing the car, then the dogs, then taking them in to the meeting, then back to the car, then a 2 hour drive.  Now we know that I love going to Mom and Dad's for the weekend, I just wasn't looking forward to the logistics involved.  Anyway- I want to share with you the meme:




When I saw it, a light bulb went off in my brain. It was an "Oh yeah!" moment.  I decided in that moment to stop thinking about the pain and take just one minute to see how many things I could be grateful for right then.  As the seconds clicked by, I realized that my blessings are bountiful and though the flare in my back is a pain- both literally and figuratively- I have been much, much worse.

So that's my challenge to you.  Take 60 seconds.  I set my the timer on my iPhone but you can track it any way that works for you.  Now- hit start and think of everything that you can be thankful for in your life right now.  How many can you come up with?   

No comments: