Saturday, October 6, 2012

Crossing off a bucket list item-no matter WHAT my body says



I am officially on my yearly vacation.  Not that I only get one- but once a year my best friend flies out to Louisville and we spend a week together.  We have a fun week planned:


  • We will be visiting 3 different fundraising haunted houses for well known truly haunted locations (Waverly Hills Sanatorium, Baxter Ave Morgue, Culbertson Mansion)

  • We are going to the movies (Pitch Perfect- hubby has no interest)

  • We are going to eat good food ( I have been scouring Pinterest for days)

  • We will visit a LOT.  

  • But the biggest thing we have planned is...we are going ZIP LINING!  


I am so excited to go.  It's been on my bucket list for quite some time.  My only fear is how the old body will react.  Not so much to soaring down the zip line, but to the "Challenge bridges" that we have to climb to get to the zips.  I have been battling my hips for quite some time, and my shoulders are pretty sore too. The last few weeks have been a bit of a rollercoaster about this upcoming trip.  I was so excited to go, I still am, BUT, as I lay in bed each night and my hips and shoulders ache, the fear comes over me.  I start with the "What if I don't make it?" then "What if it brings on a major flare?"  and so on and so forth.  Then I got mad. Mad that I was letting the fear of my RA and Fibro put a damper on something that I REALLY want to do.  Finally, I became resolved.  I don't care what my body says.  I am doing this.  It may be once in a lifetime event for me and I am going to go and enjoy every single minute of it.  

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I messed up my previous comment!

You will love ziplining! No question about it! I can't wait to hear how it goes! I want to hear about Waverly too!

Ames said...

Love it!!! You guys are going to have the best time! Take loads of pics and I can't wait to hear all about it.