Monday, December 5, 2011

Going to make it a great week!

Phew!  I didn't feel like last week would end.  I spent 2 days in catch up mode, then 2.5 working in my "warehouse" receiving in boxes of books.  By Friday afternoon (after my dumb fall on Friday morning) I was hurting all over and left a little early.  Not that I hadn't put in my hours- I worked open to close on Tuesday and late on Wednesday and Thursday so I hit my hours but still felt guilty leaving with so much to do.  So- I woke up Saturday morning (okay- after 2.5 hours of sleep) and made a list of things I needed to get done at work and went in for a solid 6 hours.  I did my system backup, sent my list of books that are left to buy to my wholesaler to see if they had any used, then unpacked and checked in 3 pallets of books.  By the time I left work I was so sore that walking hurt and so exhausted that I came home, was in bed for a "nap" by 4pm, didn't wake until 9pm, was back in bed before 11pm and didn't wake until almost 7.  I am thinking that between the insomnia and the physical work everything caught up to me and I was done for.  Thankfully, Jim recognized that and let me sleep while he took the puppies out for their walk and fended for himself for dinner.  I could have gone in again yesterday- but it was time to say "no mas" and re-charge before this week.

I have been wanting to go to The Christmas Tree Shop.  We don't have them around my area and I used to LOVE going in there to see kind of neat stuff they have on sale.  If you have one near you and haven't been, I highly recommend it.  We decided yesterday, since we were both off and had nothing planned, to take a little trip up north to go there.  The closest one for us is about 3 miles outside Cincinnati so it took about an hour and 20 minutes to get there.  We shopped and wandered around and I was able to get 9 gifts out of the way.  Between yesterday's trip up north and the items I have already bought , that leaves only 2 to finish ( I am making blankets for my nephews) and 5 people to buy for.  That's a big relief.  We considered, briefly, going to the Cincinnati Zoo but it was raining out and we considered heading to the Newport Aquarium but with Christmas coming TOO fast, it was a little on the spendy side so instead we went out to lunch and then started back.  The bonus- for me- of the whole trip was that they have REAL Dunkin Donuts up there so we stopped and I bought a half a dozen bagels.  Their onion bagels are the best I have ever had and I just love them.  When we were on our way back, I was playing with Facebook on my iPhone and saw a post from the shelter that we got Harley and Auggie from that said they were in desperate need of certain supplies.  So we pulled off an exit, found a Dollar General (not to be confused with Dollar Tree or the Dollar Store where everything is a dollar- this place is just rounded to full dollars-confusing, no?)  and picked up 20lbs of cat litter,  and 8 pack of paper towels and 2 gallons of bleach and dropped it off on our way home.  Jim, as always, wanted to see the puppies and there was the sweetest little guy there who is the same mix (pekingese/cocker spaniel) as our Auggie.  Fortunately, someone has already applied to give him a forever home or I would have had a hard time getting Jim out of there without him.  We got home, Jim took a nap, I loved up on my babies and then made some dinner.  Needless to say it was a productive and relaxing day for us.

Today it's back to work for another long week.  We have to get the rest of the books out and on the shelf and then reconcile them to our orders.  Once that is complete- I will be able to stop and breathe.  I have decided that no matter what happens- this will be a good week.  I read a terrific quote yesterday that will do my best to apply to the whole week and it goes like this:

“Having more joy does not necessarily require a life overhaul—you may just need to create more space in your life for moments of joy.”—  Debrena Jackson Gandy

I have decided that for this week I will stop focusing on the "big picture" and look for those moments of joy. When I find them,  I will capture them, give thanks for them and keep them.  If I do that- there is no way the week can be bad.  

No comments: