Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Chronically Positive


So my e-book that I talked about the other day has gone live.  I have to tell you, I was scared to death when I hit that final "Put on Sale" moment.  Aside from being a parent, this is the biggest thing I have done and I played with it and edited and second guessed myself for a long time but in the end, it's from my heart.

So what is Chronically Positive?  Well, this e-book is a little bit of a chronicle of my journey to take back my life from my diagnosis of RA and more importantly, how anyone can add positivity and gratitude to their life in the face of adversity.  While it does come straight from my life with a chronic illness, I hope that it is applicable to anyone who is going through a rough time in their life; whether that means a diagnosis like mine, loss of a job, divorce, death of a loved one, anything that presents a challenge in your life.

The reception thus far has been very positive and has buoyed me greatly.  Though my father is decidedly biased, he actually printed it, had it spiral bound and is planning on sharing it with some of his parishioners who do not have Internet access.  Did I mention that I only sent him a copy yesterday?  He also asked that I take on my huge fear of public speaking (did I say huge? I meant ENORMOUS) and work with him to create and deliver a part of a sermon on the topic.  The mere thought makes me shake in my shoes so I don't think I am ready for that just yet.

I *think* I have another one or three ideas ruminating in my brain at the moment.  I had thought I would wait until I saw how this one did before I start the next one, but I can't do that.  I need to get started again and no matter how the first e-book is received; I must get the next idea going rather than putting it off until...

My thanks to the people who asked for copies.  I hope that you enjoyed it and found it somewhat helpful.  It has helped me to solidify all the things I try to incorporate into my life.  Writing this has been a joy for me and though it has been helpful for me, it was written with the idea that it may help someone else add positivity in their lives if only in a small way.  

1 comment:

tabulyogang said...

wow inspiring! Thank you.


"In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy" -Albert Clarke