Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Guilty Pleasures

We can always be thankful for our guilty pleasures. You know-those things that we indulge in on occasion and we know that we shouldn't  enjoy as much as you do, but really you can't help yourself. Having taken today off to just unwind I have been indulging in mine most of the day.   Here's a small list of my guilty pleasures:


  • Christmas Movies- I have watched a TON of them on the Hallmark Channel this month- I giggle, I cry (a lot) and no matter how sappy- I DVR and then watch as many as I can.
  • Tough Chick music- I usually listen to country music but I have a whole stash of Avril, P!NK and Katy Perry.  Don't tell anyone- but I also have the entire soundtrack to RENT which I could play all day and never get tired of listening.
  • Fun Reality shows of sorts- Iron Chef America, Top Chef (all three versions), Project Runway, Survivor, Inside the Actor's Studio, Undercover Boss, Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Oprah's Big Give, Jaimie Oliver's Food Revolution.  Now- I don't like the "too much drama" shows (Housewives, Jersey Shores, pregnant teenagers) or the shows where the protagonist is screaming at people (Hell's Kitchen, Flipping Out) all of those make me kinda gag- but the ones that are done well are just delicious.  
  • Naps- there is just nothing better than a nice long mid-afternoon nap.  
  • Literary Vampire Series turned TV shows/Movies- Twilight, True Blood, The Vampire Diaries- yes, the market is glutted with other stuff but these series all have characters that you can sink your teeth into (pun intended).  Even Bram Stoker's Dracula and Anne Rice's Lestat Series fit in there.  
So thats a small portion of my list- what about you?  What are your guilty pleasures?  

1 comment:

Jblacey said...

HI

My pleasures are enjoying a hot cup of tea and a mince pie in bed for breakfast!

Secretly like the Barry Manilow greatest hits albumn.

Know all the words to ABBA Gold and sing them loudly when driving about.

Embarassing my kids is quite high on the list as this wks blog reveals..! Happy Christmas lovely lady xx