Monday, June 21, 2010

Goodbye Weekend, Hello busy week..

Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them. ~John Shirley


    Well that weekend just flew by!  We didn't do anything spectacular but it seemed to go so quickly.  Friday, my poor hubby got home and took a shower and didn't last long after that.  Friday was our 13th day in a row of 90+ degree weather with huge humidity.  That means that the weather has felt like it was over 105 every day.  He works in a mold and tool company- the warehouses average 130 degrees and it just plain wears him out.  So he fell asleep in the recliner and I took the pups for their walk.  He had to work again Saturday (he does more often than not) so I dealt with the mountain of laundry that needed to be folded.  After napping when he got home- we went out grocery shopping at several different stores in Louisville.  Saturday night we had banana splits that we made at home with Edy's Double Churn low fat ice cream and fresh bananas and strawberries for dinner and enjoyed Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince for our movie.  Sunday was Father's Day.  I celebrated with my Dad last weekend because of his schedule this weekend so Jim and I just kind of fiddled around.  We went shopping looking for a portable A/C and were unsuccessful in that endeavor so we got a tower fan instead.  I took him out for teppenyaki for father's day and then we came home and just relaxed.  For dinner I made Brats on wonderful fresh rolls that we picked up at Fresh Market on Saturday accompanied by roasted potatoes and green bean casserole.  The next thing we knew- it was time to take the pups for their evening walk and get ready to go to bed. 

 It's Monday again and the beginning of a weird week for me.  I have a half day of work today and then my third infusion at 1.  We don't know what the infusion is doing for me yet (we are still in the loading phase) but I have found that it does a real number on my stomach for about 24 hours (starting about 4 hours after the infusion) so tomorrow will be recovery day.  Wednesday I head to Dayton, OH first thing in them morning for a two day meeting.  Instead of coming home after the meeting on Thursday I have to head to Ball State to pick up some of their fixtures to add some B&N touches to my store.  Thankfully- my darling father loaned me his truck to do this so I don't have to try and fit them in my new vehicle.    I think they *might* fit- but we just don't know and I don't want to scuff the interior or damage it trying to force cherry fixtures into the back of it.  Once we load the fixtures into the truck I can head back but that will mean that my 3 hour drive becomes a 5 hour drive when I leave Dayton.  Driving is not my strong suit these days.  This will most assuredly mean that on Friday I will be hurting big time in the hips and back.  Friday I will drop off the fixtures and - if I am feeling up to it- help put them together- but then it will be back home to let my joints and muscles recover.  I am incredibly grateful that I have the weekend to heal as much as I can.  The following Monday is the first week of our second Summer session classes so I may go in on Saturday to catch up on anything that I need to do before we get busy again. 

I begin my week this week grateful for my father who is so kind and generous.  I am grateful for my husband who not only supports me in my work and my illness but also is a good "daddy" to our two puppies and will take the majority of their care this week.  Having one is a big responsibility- two can get just plain hectic.  I am grateful for a job that keeps me challenged and that I really enjoy and for a boss who *though I wouldn't wish it on anyone* also lives with RA and understands the ramifications of the illness.  I am grateful for the opportunity to go and meet with my fellow store managers and share ideas and strategies.  We have a terrific region and they are fun people who are good at their jobs.  I learn something new every single time we get together.  I am also grateful that at the end of my crazy next two weeks I get to see my baby sister.  It has been a while since we have been able to be together and she is a big source of support in my life. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week.  I fully intend to!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great week, Jules! Remember to work a little down-time in there whenever you can, OK? Want you to be able to enjoy NEXT weekend ...
-Wren

Jblacey said...

Hi! I enjoyed catching up with your blog today and love the gratitude comment. I try counting my blessings often which seems to help me along!
hope you are getting through the week ok, pacing is something I have always struggled with really.