Thursday, October 22, 2009

Horoscope?

Every morning I get my horoscope from both Twitter and from Facebook. They are usually pretty divergent. Though I don't live and die by my horoscope, I do get a lift from reading them. If they are positive- then I can take it and run with it. If it is negative- I can do my best to "prove it wrong." I like today's Twitterscope:

"You may experience an "Aha!" moment as you realize something you can do that improves your daily life without shaking up the parts that work. But having a brilliant thought, even if it's a stroke of genius, isn't meaningful unless you put your idea into motion. Don't try to do too much all at once; it's better to take a small step in the right direction than a giant step that leads you the wrong way."

My first thought when I read this was "oh thank goodness!". We have been experiencing some financial concerns recently with medical bills and other things and of course the holidays approaching like a 747. My husband's work schedule doesn't permit him to schedule much of anything outside of there. From day to day he gets out of work anywhere between 2:30 and 4:30 and never knows until Friday if he is working Saturday and IF he is working Saturday he doesn't know until Saturday morning if he is working 4,5,6 or 8 hours. It makes us a little crazy but more, it makes him incapable of doing anything outside of work that would require a firm commitment. That leaves us with a choice- we can muddle through or I can take a second job. Having worked two jobs for many, many, many years- I have resisted so far. I am hoping that today's horoscope means that I will have the brainstorm that will let us figure out how to get this situation under control without resorting to adding a second job back to my life. I had to laugh though because "they" certainly have me pegged in that I tend to jump into things and take that giant step. One of the struggles of the journey toward a new life for me has been to learn to take baby steps- so I needed that reminder as well.

This morning I am grateful to have had some relief from the fibro flare that came on full force yesterday. I am grateful that I have the kind of job where I can take my heating pad with me and use it as needed. I am grateful that I found this horoscope this morning and didn't have to search out a quote to start my day off in the right direction. I am grateful that my stress is beginning to dissapate and I am on the road back to serenity. Hopefully by the weekend I can be fully back on track.

No comments: