Monday, August 17, 2009

Forty-Two Ways in Forty-Two Days- Limitless Gratitude

Well- today is the day- it's the forty second day since my birthday. This challenge has taught me so much. It has taught me that I still have the will and the determination to complete my task even when I am exhausted. It has taught me that I can find something positive- something to be grateful for- no matter how rotten my day has been or how lousy I feel. Those are both very empowering lessons! It is also a message of hope for me.

I have enjoyed writing this particular series because it gave me a very specific focus. It also made me stop and give thanks on days that I might not have taken the time. It has helped me to assess all of the blessings that I have in my life and has shown me that even the smallest of things are worthy of taking the time to reflect upon. Most importantly it has shown me that there is no end to all of the good things in our lives- we just have to take the time to look for them.

I look forward to continuing this blog as I move forward in my journey to live a positive life while I deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia and whatever other challenges come my way. It gives me the strength to keep going when I need it most and when I backslide it allows me to get it out so that I can look back and learn from it.

I want to take a moment to give special thanks to everyone who has read this blog and shared the last six weeks with me. Your comments have been both enlightening and heartening. To close out this series- I ask you: Just for today, what are you most grateful for?

1 comment:

RA Guy said...

Thank you again for this wonderful series - I can't believe 42 days already went by!!! I really looked forward to what each new day in the series was going to bring.