Thursday, August 13, 2009

Forty-Two Ways in Forty-Two Days- Quiet Angels

Like the Ripplemakers, I have also had Quiet Angels in my life. Quiet Angels walk into your life (quite often unexpectedly)help you in some way, and just as quietly are gone again. Though they may never be heard of again- they can make an enormous difference.

There is a poem that was written for teachers about quiet angels that I really enjoy and I feel it can apply to all of the quiet angels in our lives:

Quiet Angels

Some people that come into our lives

Change our entire outlook on the world

And ourselves.

These people breathe

strength and sustenance into us

Sometimes by just giving a simple word of

Encouragement.

They teach us to stand, for everything we believe in

And let it magnify tenfold.

Sometimes by just being around them,

The story of our day takes a whole new chapter.

We see more of who we could become,

And what knowledge we can attain.

It’s quite something to imagine where these people

develop these qualities

Perhaps they fell from the sky,

Perhaps within a whisper in the wind,

Or maybe, just maybe,

They came from a source well known to them,

To which they now bare the name,

A teacher.



~Angela M. Sarich


I would like to give thanks to all of my personal quiet angels. They could be a teacher or a nurse, a bus driver or a friend, a customer or just the person sitting next to us at a diner counter. They impart some wisdom, they lift us up, they remind us to follow our dreams but no matter how they touch us- our heart is changed for a very long time and we don't forget them. I don't know if I have ever been anyone's quiet angel- but I hope that I have left that kind of legacy with someone in this world. Thank you to all of my quiet angels.

No comments: