Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Forty-Two Ways in Forty-Two Days- Hugs

Have you ever had one of those days? The day when nothing seems to go your way? What about one of those days where you just feel yukky? All you want to do is curl up on the couch and stay there. What if you, like me, have days when your chronic illness kicks in and you just hurt? On the flip side, maybe you just got some great news that you can't wait to share! You accomplished something that you never though you could do. What is one thing that these things all have in common? Each and every scenario, in my book, calls for a hug.

For many people- a hug is a small gesture, but that small thing can make a world of difference. A hug can say "I'm proud of you," "I have missed you", "I am here with you", or "I care". It can convey sympathy, understanding, forgiveness, love, friendship and hope. It is universal in that it makes a connection between the giver and the recipient.

I am a big believer in the power of a hug. I can't think of anything else that can lift you up and make your day a little brighter in the same way. I am grateful that my family is very affectionate and that a hug is a natural thing for us. Give someone a hug today- see if it doesn't give both of you a lift.

No comments: