Sunday, February 6, 2011

Welcome to Superbowl Sunday


This is an odd Superbowl for me.  I am a big football fan but I find myself not really caring about the game.  No offense to Packers and Steelers fans- but I just don't have the heart for it.  Will I watch?  More than likely I will be popping back and forth between the Superbowl and Animal Planet's Puppy Bowl.  I am interested in the commercials- hoping they will be worthy of the airtime, can't wait for The Black Eyed Peas half time show, and I am waiting for Glee's post-game Thriller extravaganza.

One thing I never- EVER- thought I would be doing on Superbowl Sunday is going shopping.  I am the rare female who hates shopping for clothes.  Now- I do have a thing for shoes- but I hate the whole process of shopping for clothes.  I hate looking for them, I hate trying them on, I hate not feeling confident about my buying choices.  I need a What not to Wear intervention.  Stacy and Clinton could teach me a thing or 12 and $5000.00 would go a long way toward a new wardrobe.  It's just that there are so many other things that I could spend my money on productively.  But- we are going to a wedding that is important to us- so shopping we must go.    

The goal is to go get what we need, stop at the grocery store to get food to cook for dinner and then settle in for the game(s).  I hope you have a lovely Sunday planned and if you are a Pack or Steelers fan that you enjoy the game!  

No comments: