Sunday, October 3, 2010

Welcome Fall- no matter how fleeting.

This weekend has really felt like it is finally Fall.  As I sit here this morning in my yoga pants and a hoodie sweatshirt with the back door wide open to the screen, it is a slightly chilly 51 degrees out.  If I look outside I see the wind blowing through the trees like it is rushing to get some place as quick as possible.  Our leaves- our poor leaves haven't had enough rain to turn colors and are already floating down to the ground.  Were it not for the wind I would be outside with my coffee but it would turn it cold even faster than it is now with the doors open.  It has been in the 60's all weekend and it has been lovely.  That said- this cold snap will be over soon. Starting tomorrow the temps start climbing back- mid 70's tomorrow and 80's by the end of the week.  You won't hear me griping about it though.  The longer we can hold off the winter; the happier I am. 

This weekend also sees the coming of many festivals and fairs in the area.  At my parents- it is the Fall Festival.  I haven't been to that particular festival since I was a child but I very clearly remember eating "Pronto Pups" (aka Corn Dogs) and nut covered Caramel Apples while we walked around the Festival with my Granny.  Here in New Albany it is the beginning of Harvest Homecoming.  It will be crazy down there for the next week but everyone looks forward to this event all year.  As for us- I think we are heading down to watch the Hot Air Balloon races today. We have scoped out a location that won't involve us to be in the thick of things and if we go we will take some munchies and a blanket and sit in the back of my honey's truck and watch the balloons.  If the wind keeps up- it should make for an interesting race. 

Well- I think for me it is time to go get some Apples and some caramel dip, chop some peanuts and almonds and do the double dip thing.  I might get some apple cider and throw in some spices and boil it on the stove to make the house really smell like fall.  I hope this season lasts as long as possible.  And I hope you enjoy your Sunday. 

No comments: