Sunday, November 9, 2008

Perscription drugs are my friend

I had a wonderful weekend with Mom and Dad, Jim and Harley but it was made even better by my new friends; Prednisone and Tramadol.

Since I got back from Boston (a whole nother gratitude post) I have been heading straight into a flare-up of my RA. Walking like a weeble, mass amounts of pain etc. It has not been a healthy week. Fortunately I had an appointment with my LPN on Friday who took one look at me, upped my methotrexate dosage, added the Tramodol for pain (permanently) and a dose pack of Predinsone for the inflammation. I have been sleeping a lot this weekend with really vivid dreams (thank you prednisone, at least it didn't mess up my sleep patterns) but I feel wonderful today. I feel better after this combo than I have in probably 2 years. It is amazing. Let's all hope that it pushes me toward remission because if remission feels this good, I can live with the slight deformities of my joints and the nodules if it means being somewhat pain free.

No comments: