Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Another Family Visit Coming!



And I am very excited.  Mom and Dad's 50th anniversary is next month and we did a quick "hey can you come for dinner?" shout-out across the country and it looks like both girls will be able to make it.  I think that's the hardest part about being spread across the country.  I know that I can't just drop everything and run out to California, North Carolina or New England for a weekend- no matter how much I wish I could.

I have been planning my trip to California for Heather's wedding in April and I had thought that would be the next time I see the girls- but this trip (both are flying in on Saturday and home on Monday morning) will be an added bonus.  We will grab them at the airport Saturday then run down to Mom and Dad's for dinner and the night, then back to my house on Sunday where we will all stay till I drop them off at the airport on Monday on my way to work.  It's taken quite a bit of scrambling on their parts but I know they really want to be here.

So here is what I say to you this morning......  If you have siblings who live close- take a minute and give thanks!  Next time you see them- give them a big hug.  No matter how crazy they make you, you still have the opportunity to hold them close and spend time with them at will.  For that- I envy you!


No comments: