Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Knifty Knitter

I am thankful today for the Knifty Knitter. I have a nephew and an honorary neice being born between now and 15 December. For all of the kids in my family who have been born I have made them a blanket when they were born but hand work is becoming increasingly more difficult and time consuming. Heck- it took me 5 months to make a scarf for Josh (my son) last year for Christmas. I found this tool over the weekend and it took me about 4 hours to get comfortable with it. I *should* have both blankets finished by the end of the month so that I can hand deliver them when I go back to Massachusetts.

It is hard coming to grips with what you "can't" do anymore. Finding something like this that makes it possible to keep on doing things you love can mean so much.

No comments: